POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Soon to be lost GeoCities pages Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:52:04 EDT (-0400)
  Soon to be lost GeoCities pages (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: SharkD
Subject: Soon to be lost GeoCities pages
Date: 23 Sep 2009 06:12:28
Message: <4ab9f48c@news.povray.org>
As per the discussion in Advanced Users, lots of GeoCities pages will
soon be lost. I was wondering if it would be worth it to create an
effort to contact authors of Povray pages to either 1) move their site
somewhere else, or 2) submit their work to the Object Collection.

I know that GeoGebra has a special area where users can upload documents
and create web pages describing their usage.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:12:30 -0400, SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>As per the discussion in Advanced Users, lots of GeoCities pages will
>soon be lost. I was wondering if it would be worth it to create an
>effort to contact authors of Povray pages to either 1) move their site
>somewhere else, or 2) submit their work to the Object Collection.

That's a good idea. Although it is not on Geocities I could not download Nathan
Kopps' Lens  Flare, last night. Yet another utility lost.

The PovRay resource links could do with being updated. Where is uncle Ken?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> As per the discussion in Advanced Users, lots of GeoCities pages will soon
> be lost.

Yes indeed! And what about that *historical* page by Chris Colefax for
example on GeoCities? It would be sad and wrong to lose that one...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message