POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: SharkD
Subject: Radiosity
Date: 4 Sep 2009 04:36:20
Message: <4aa0d184$1@news.povray.org>
Is radiosity a good thing in outdoor scenes, or is the benefit mainly in
low-light situations, such as indoors?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: Radiosity
Date: 4 Sep 2009 05:15:02
Message: <4aa0da96@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Is radiosity a good thing in outdoor scenes, or is the benefit mainly in
> low-light situations, such as indoors?

I would say it has it's place in situations when something is partly in
shadows, or when you're trying to simulate "glooming" ... a very bright
outdoor scene maybe not.

Jim

Post a reply to this message