POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using POV as an Image manipulater Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Using POV as an Image manipulater (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Subject: Using POV as an Image manipulater
Date: 27 May 2009 14:25:58
Message: <4A1D85CB.5020702@joplin.com>
I've been playing around with POV's image_maps and polygons to render an
artistic reproduction of an Image. I was wondering if any one else has
gone down this road.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: Using POV as an Image manipulater
Date: 27 May 2009 17:15:58
Message: <4a1dad8e$1@news.povray.org>

> I've been playing around with POV's image_maps and polygons to render an
>  artistic reproduction of an Image. I was wondering if any one else has
> gone down this road.

   IIRC, Gena Obukhov did something like that, many years ago... but now I
remember someone noticed recently that his site was dead: you may need to
search the Internet Archive to see if there was some source code available.

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

>   IIRC, Gena Obukhov did something like that, many years ago... but now I
> remember someone noticed recently that his site was dead: you may need to
> search the Internet Archive to see if there was some source code available.

I have the code he wrote. It's call 'filter.pov' Some pretty interesting
   stuff. I tried to E-mail him using the address from that file. But
I'm having trouble with my E-mail, it seem to only place I can e-mail is
here!! :)

Have Fun!