POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Etymology of bozo Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Etymology of bozo (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: none
Subject: Etymology of bozo
Date: 20 Apr 2009 03:13:10
Message: <49ec2086@news.povray.org>
Why is the bozo pattern called bozo? I have searched around, and the
only reference I've found to a bozo function is in the POV-Ray
documentation. Is it a function that is used just in POV-Ray, or is bozo
a common term for a specific kind of function?

Post a reply to this message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozo_the_Clown

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Why is the bozo pattern called bozo? I have searched around, and the
> only reference I've found to a bozo function is in the POV-Ray
> documentation. Is it a function that is used just in POV-Ray, or is bozo
> a common term for a specific kind of function?

no idea. Maybe it's named so because it looks somehow silly.

Post a reply to this message

> > Why is the bozo pattern called bozo? I have searched around, and the
> > only reference I've found to a bozo function is in the POV-Ray
> > documentation. Is it a function that is used just in POV-Ray, or is bozo
> > a common term for a specific kind of function?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozo_the_Clown

Ah, really? We'd probably *never ever* have found that article without your help
;)

Now where's the connection?

Post a reply to this message

> > > Why is the bozo pattern called bozo? I have searched around, and the
> > > only reference I've found to a bozo function is in the POV-Ray
> > > documentation. Is it a function that is used just in POV-Ray, or is bozo
> > > a common term for a specific kind of function?
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozo_the_Clown

> Ah, really? We'd probably *never ever* have found that article without your help
> ;)

> Now where's the connection?

  Are you sure the pattern is not named after the clown?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message