POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANN: 3.7 .inc file improvement project Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: 3.7 .inc file improvement project (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: 3.7 .inc file improvement project
Date: 28 Mar 2009 18:51:46
Message: <49ceaa02$1@news.povray.org>
> Yup...sourceforge didn't like the POV terms...oh well...screw them then.
> ;-p

Since you are touching up the include files it probably would be best just
mark them as LGPL to be licence compatible in the future?

Post a reply to this message

From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 28 Mar 2009 22:03:54
Message: <49ced70a$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] anti-spamcomcastnet> wrote in message
>> Yup...sourceforge didn't like the POV terms...oh well...screw them then.
>> ;-p
>
> Since you are touching up the include files it probably would be best just
> mark them as LGPL to be licence compatible in the future?

THe only problem with that is that those files are covered under the
povlegal.doc and so I can't just go switching licenses on the POV
team....I'd have to get their permission to do something like that. I was
actually suprised to read in the doc that we can't even use sample scenes to
create derivative works! So I guess technically I need to get permission
from the pov team to even do what I'm currently doing. :-|

ian