POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Call POV Ray to render a script without showing rendering window Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Call POV Ray to render a script without showing rendering window (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: rohit arondekar
Subject: Call POV Ray to render a script without showing rendering window
Date: 12 Mar 2009 05:50:01
Message: <web.49b8da6c1918a48e749429a90@news.povray.org>
Hello,
My query is quite simple. We are developing a small terrain generator and we are
planning on using POV Ray as the renderer. I wanted to know if it is possible to
call POV Ray to render a script without showing the rendering window or opening
the POV Ray window.

The terrain generator we are developing is for a college project and because of
time constraints we could not make our own renderer. It would be nice if we
could render the script, open the rendered scene in our application for the
user to see because we wish to allow the user to perform some image processing
filtering also. So it's not like we want to hide the fact that we are using POV
Ray :D

Also our terrain generator works on windows & linux so any ideas should work on
both. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Post a reply to this message

> My query is quite simple. We are developing a small terrain generator and we are
> planning on using POV Ray as the renderer. I wanted to know if it is possible to
> call POV Ray to render a script without showing the rendering window or opening
> the POV Ray window.

	Sure. Use the -D command line option:

povray -D filename.pov

	If you want to do it every time, it may be easier to place these kinds
of options in a povray.ini file.

--
"Strange, I don't remember suffering from memory loss."

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message