POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for demo scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  looking for demo scene (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: stevenvh
Subject: looking for demo scene
Date: 7 Mar 2009 02:10:01
Message: <web.49b21cf220dc48b8c0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
I once saw a sample scene with light casting rays through a window, a demo on
area-lights, IIRC. I thought it came with POV-Ray 3.6, but I can't find it in
the scenes folder. Any idea what I am talking about? :-)
TIA

Post a reply to this message

> I once saw a sample scene with light casting rays through a window, a demo on
> area-lights, IIRC. I thought it came with POV-Ray 3.6, but I can't find it in
> the scenes folder. Any idea what I am talking about? :-)
> TIA

This? : (in POV-Ray Help)
2.3.6.6 A more advanced example of scattering media
2.3.6.7 Media and photons

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> > I once saw a sample scene with light casting rays through a window, a demo on
> > area-lights, IIRC. I thought it came with POV-Ray 3.6, but I can't find it in
> > the scenes folder. Any idea what I am talking about? :-)
> > TIA
>
> This? : (in POV-Ray Help)
> 2.3.6.6 A more advanced example of scattering media
> 2.3.6.7 Media and photons

Not quite, but good enough for what I need. Thanks. (I think the demo I was
referring to was based on the same scene but with different array sizes
area_lights.)
Thanks again,
Steven

Post a reply to this message

I think the old one you were thinking of was used to demonstrate atmosphere.
I wrote a tutorial many years ago on how to convert atmosphere to media
using this scene. I'll upload it to binaries.scene-files as a zip file in
case you're interested. The problems I note in the tutorial were eventually
solved by the new sampling methods for media in subsequent versions of
POV-Ray.

-Mike