POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Modelling: Anyone Interested? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  3D Modelling: Anyone Interested? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: 3D Modelling: Anyone Interested?
Date: 11 Aug 2008 03:34:05
Message: <489feb6d@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sven [] jamaica-focus [] com> schreef in bericht
> Thanks for all your responses!
>
> Yes, I could prepare some visual data of these ships.In fact, I will add
> them to this posting here, or create a new one where I can attach images.
>
> We could start with the smaller, simpler ones, before we reconstruct the
> really large big Roman battle galleys. Those ships are just amazing!

I think that would be a good idea. I would like to try my hand at one of
those hulls using DelftShip. If you can provide a number of cross sections
(and an overhead view!) I could calculate the splines needed for the timber.
To show you what I am after, see the screenshop in p.b.i. Very preliminary
hull of 17th century Dutch sailing ship.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message