POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Sky Factory Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  The Sky Factory (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Subject: The Sky Factory
Date: 13 Jul 2008 18:36:42
Message: <487AA04A.9020606@joplin.com>
I wrote a POV file to make a sky with clouds. It has a lot of variables
that can be changed to make any number of different Skies. Hence the
name 'The Sky Factory'. I put it in 'binaries.utilities' Have a look and
tell me if it's worth putting on my web site. Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

Leroy Whetstone <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> I wrote a POV file to make a sky with clouds. It has a lot of variables
> that can be changed to make any number of different Skies. Hence the
> name 'The Sky Factory'. I put it in 'binaries.utilities' Have a look and
> tell me if it's worth putting on my web site. Thanks!

Could you post some renders? I'm interested in seeing what it looks like.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Leroy Whetstone <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
>
>>I wrote a POV file to make a sky with clouds. It has a lot of variables
>>that can be changed to make any number of different Skies. Hence the
>>name 'The Sky Factory'. I put it in 'binaries.utilities' Have a look and
>>tell me if it's worth putting on my web site. Thanks!
>

> Could you post some renders? I'm interested in seeing what it looks like.
>
> -Mike

I put 3 small examples in  binaries.images. Hope it helps!

Post a reply to this message

From: helge h
Date: 14 Jul 2008 08:40:00
Message: <web.487b48599b60b7324a3ff4140@news.povray.org>
Leroy Whetstone <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> I wrote a POV file to make a sky with clouds. It has a lot of variables
> that can be changed to make any number of different Skies. Hence the
> name 'The Sky Factory'. I put it in 'binaries.utilities' Have a look and
> tell me if it's worth putting on my web site. Thanks!

cloud tutorial is a winner:
http://f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/p_sky1.htm

Also, Gilles Tran has a media-based cloud macro:
http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36

From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 14 Jul 2008 10:12:59
Message: <487B7BD3.50608@joplin.com>
helge_h wrote:
> Maybe a bit on the complicated side?

That's what can happen when you start with a simple idea and keep adding
to it. Thank for the input!

Dito!

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 24 Jul 2008 00:17:41
Message: <48881F3C.5000608@joplin.com>
Its been ten days since I introduce the Sky Factory and because of
public demand I'm keeping it off my web page:Q