POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Wiki captcha problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Wiki captcha problem (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: stbenge
Subject: POV-Wiki captcha problem
Date: 26 May 2008 18:38:47
Message: <483b3bf7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I made a genuine attempt at contacting the people behind the POV-Wiki,
but it was without success.

In Firefox the captcha box is there, ready to load, but is suddenly
engulfed by another element on the page, never to be seen in its
finalized state. In IE, the captcha simply doesn't load, save for a
hollow image placeholder with an 'X' in its corner.

I would like to contribute a couple "How-To" articles, but to do this I
need to get past the very first step (contacting the webmaster). Any
help will be appreciated! You can reply to my e-mail, if you want.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 26 May 2008 15:38:47 -0700, stbenge wrote:

> In Firefox the captcha box is there, ready to load, but is suddenly
> engulfed by another element on the page, never to be seen in its
> finalized state. In IE, the captcha simply doesn't load, save for a
> hollow image placeholder with an 'X' in its corner.

Are you running any plugins in Firefox that might be blocking the image?
I'm looking at the account creation page right now myself, and the
captcha seems to be working fine.  Using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Linux.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 26 May 2008 15:38:47 -0700, stbenge wrote:
>
>> In Firefox the captcha box is there, ready to load, but is suddenly
>> engulfed by another element on the page, never to be seen in its
>> finalized state. In IE, the captcha simply doesn't load, save for a
>> hollow image placeholder with an 'X' in its corner.
>
> Are you running any plugins in Firefox that might be blocking the image?
> I'm looking at the account creation page right now myself, and the
> captcha seems to be working fine.  Using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Linux.

NoScript causes problems too. I know reCAPTCHA doesn't work if you allow
Javascript for the reCAPTCHA domain but not for the page showing the
captcha. You have to allow both, or neither.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 26 May 2008 22:28:21 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 May 2008 15:38:47 -0700, stbenge wrote:
>>
>>> In Firefox the captcha box is there, ready to load, but is suddenly
>>> engulfed by another element on the page, never to be seen in its
>>> finalized state. In IE, the captcha simply doesn't load, save for a
>>> hollow image placeholder with an 'X' in its corner.
>>
>> Are you running any plugins in Firefox that might be blocking the
>> image? I'm looking at the account creation page right now myself, and
>> the captcha seems to be working fine.  Using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Linux.
>
> NoScript causes problems too. I know reCAPTCHA doesn't work if you allow
> Javascript for the reCAPTCHA domain but not for the page showing the
> captcha. You have to allow both, or neither.

Yeah, I was thinking NoScript or something similar was the issue there;
I've seen oddness with Firebug as well on certain pages.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> In Firefox the captcha box is there, ready to load, but is suddenly
> engulfed by another element on the page, never to be seen in its
> finalized state. In IE, the captcha simply doesn't load, save for a
> hollow image placeholder with an 'X' in its corner.

I think you need to log-in before it will display. Not sure why
though.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 26 May 2008 23:41:36 -0700, Tim Attwood wrote:

>> In Firefox the captcha box is there, ready to load, but is suddenly
>> engulfed by another element on the page, never to be seen in its
>> finalized state. In IE, the captcha simply doesn't load, save for a
>> hollow image placeholder with an 'X' in its corner.
>
> I think you need to log-in before it will display. Not sure why though.

The captcha is used for account creation - you can't login until you have
an account.

I tried it both logged in and not logged in, and it worked for me both
times.

Sam, have you had any success?

Jim

Post a reply to this message