POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linearity of light Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:32:05 EDT (-0400)
  Linearity of light (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Nicolas George
Subject: Linearity of light
Date: 2 May 2008 08:39:38
Message: <481b0b8a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi.

If, for the rendering of a scene, I use:

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }
Display_Gamma=1

and assuming that the scene is dim enough so there will be no clipping.

If I make the scene twice as bright, by doubling the value of all lights and
ambient values, can I expect that the resulting rendered scene will have all
the pixel values doubled?

Post a reply to this message

> If I make the scene twice as bright, by doubling the value of all lights and
> ambient values, can I expect that the resulting rendered scene will have all
> the pixel values doubled?

  There may be other things besides light sources and ambient light which
affects the color of the pixels. Media is one example.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message