POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Alchemist's Workshop Group POV Image - a start Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  Alchemist's Workshop Group POV Image - a start (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Alchemist's Workshop Group POV Image - a start
Date: 2 Apr 2008 14:05:01
Message: <web.47f3d7c455cff3cd5a8888d90@news.povray.org>
The first step is a proposed floor plan for the basic structure.

It's posted here:
http://www.choirinvisible.net/AWS001.htm

I'd like to provide collaborators and potential collaborators with as much
opportunity for feedback as possible along the way.  In order to avoid
cluttering up the "Images" newsgroup, only POV-Ray rendered images that show
real forward progress in the project will be posted there.  Most of the images
generated in the collaboration process will be posted in my domain and linked
to.  Also, fear not "On-topic" Purists!  Posts to the "General" or "Binaries"
groups will be held down to one or two per week or thereabouts so that those
who don't read "Off-topic" will have a chance to know how the project is going
and see what opportunities to become involved exist.  Most posts will be
text-only and in "Off-topic".  Also, voluminous back-and-forth discussions
about details will happen elsewhere entirely.

I'll probably produce a VERY basic POV-Ray CSG model of the building layout this
weekend based on the floor plan with such modifications as arise from comments.

Thanks in advance for all replies,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

> The first step is a proposed floor plan for the basic structure.
>
> It's posted here:
> http://www.choirinvisible.net/AWS001.htm
>
> I'd like to provide collaborators and potential collaborators with as much
> opportunity for feedback as possible along the way.  In order to avoid
> cluttering up the "Images" newsgroup, only POV-Ray rendered images that show
> real forward progress in the project will be posted there.  Most of the images
> generated in the collaboration process will be posted in my domain and linked
> to.  Also, fear not "On-topic" Purists!  Posts to the "General" or "Binaries"
> groups will be held down to one or two per week or thereabouts so that those
> who don't read "Off-topic" will have a chance to know how the project is going
> and see what opportunities to become involved exist.  Most posts will be
> text-only and in "Off-topic".  Also, voluminous back-and-forth discussions
> about details will happen elsewhere entirely.
>
> I'll probably produce a VERY basic POV-Ray CSG model of the building layout this
> weekend based on the floor plan with such modifications as arise from comments.
>
> Thanks in advance for all replies,
> Mike C.

...starts thinking about basic furniture

John

finished," then he sat down.