POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? (Message 31 to 40 of 54)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene?
Date: 29 Jan 2008 22:04:18
Message: <479fe932$1@news.povray.org>

> I saw POV-Ray only
> using like 300MB of RAM

I mean 30MB of course; peak was only 50!

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 29 Jan 2008 23:00:01
Message: <web.479ff544af2cf505e094060@news.povray.org>

> > I saw POV-Ray only
> > using like 300MB of RAM
>
> I mean 30MB of course; peak was only 50!

yes, I like the fact that povray is very generous on memory consumption...

Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 30 Jan 2008 06:07:45
Message: <47a05a81@news.povray.org>
Hi Nicolas,

first of all, thanks a lot for your render time! I appreciate it a lot! And
yes, i woukld love to get that photon map.

Wanna try a 3200 x 2400 photon map..?

Posting the Image:
sure, if you like, post it. But an image of only 160 x 120 is - emmm - not
thaaat big. I followed up the advices of some other well-informed POV users,
and used the following keywords inside the global PHOTON statement:
- count image_width*image_height
- autostop 0.0

Create a 3200 x 2400 photon map, and give a try to those keywords. They work
wonders! Might be, experimenting with their values might even bring
different optical results...

I am posting here soon a 800 x 600 version of the picture, but go ahead with
the smaller result. I would like it.

Best greetings, tons of thanks,

Sven

"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:479fe932$1@news.povray.org...