POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray: Photons: save_file: Continue? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:36:06 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray: Photons: save_file: Continue? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: POV-Ray: Photons: save_file: Continue?
Date: 26 Jan 2008 18:25:47
Message: <479bc17b@news.povray.org>
Hi.

Here is my question:

Since around 3 days, POV-Ray (Windows version) rendered a file with photons.
I used the option "save_file "HeliChopper 02 Gray Fleet on Ground.ptn".
Since those 3 days, POV creates the photon map. Now I had a power cut, and
would like to know, if there is an option to continue the photon map file
building, where it stopped, similar to the "+c" option for the raytracing
itself.

If for some reason there is not yet such an option, I would herewith suggest
this feature with a big urgence.

Thanks.

Sven Littkowski

Post a reply to this message

> Since around 3 days, POV-Ray (Windows version) rendered a file with photons.
> I used the option "save_file "HeliChopper 02 Gray Fleet on Ground.ptn".
> Since those 3 days, POV creates the photon map. Now I had a power cut, and
> would like to know, if there is an option to continue the photon map file
> building, where it stopped, similar to the "+c" option for the raytracing
> itself.

The file is saved only when the whole photon shooting finishes. If you
have a file on disk, then it's complete (unless the power cut was while
the file was being written, unlikely).

Post a reply to this message