POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with iterations Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with iterations (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: SharkD
Subject: Problems with iterations
Date: 10 Jan 2008 01:20:01
Message: <web.4785b89a636bc06df6ab856c0@news.povray.org>
Check out this test scene:

#local i = 0;
#local numerator = 1;
#local divisor = 6;
#while(i < numerator)
 #local i = i + numerator/divisor;
 #debug concat("i = ", str(i, 0, -1),"\n")
#end

Shouldn't the iterations stop when i = 1? What am I doing wrong?

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Subject: Re: Problems with iterations
Date: 10 Jan 2008 02:25:00
Message: <web.4785c7acf1dc5f73f6ab856c0@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Check out this test scene:
>
> #local i = 0;
> #local numerator = 1;
> #local divisor = 6;
> #while(i < numerator)
>  #local i = i + numerator/divisor;
>  #debug concat("i = ", str(i, 0, -1),"\n")
> #end
>
> Shouldn't the iterations stop when i = 1? What am I doing wrong?

Just to be clear, the last entry printed to the Messages panel is "i =
1.166667".

Post a reply to this message