POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Status of Moray? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:51:45 EDT (-0400)
  Status of Moray? (Message 1 to 10 of 466)
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Status of Moray?
Date: 5 Sep 2007 06:22:34
Message: <46de836a$1@news.povray.org>
Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
then anywhere else.

Is there any progress concerning Moray? Is it RIP or WIP?

Regards
Arne

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Subject: Re: Status of Moray?
Date: 5 Sep 2007 06:53:16
Message: <46de8a9c@news.povray.org>

de news: 46de836a$1@news.povray.org...
> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
> then anywhere else.
There is Moray.win :-)

> Is there any progress concerning Moray? Is it RIP or WIP?
I'm asking the same question.
There is a big potential in Moray, even more if it is better oriented on POV
features (handedness please!, better path management and above all better
comunication with  last versions of POV)
Shall I go farther in my wish list?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

>> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
>> then anywhere else.
> There is Moray.win :-)

I know that but I'm asking the Povray-part since they took over :)

Post a reply to this message

"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> schreef in bericht
> M_a_r_c schrieb:

>> message de news: 46de836a$1@news.povray.org...
>>> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
>>> then anywhere else.
>> There is Moray.win :-)
>
> I know that but I'm asking the Povray-part since they took over :)

I suppose Real Life has got in the way....  :-(

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
> then anywhere else.
>
> Is there any progress concerning Moray? Is it RIP or WIP?
>
> Regards
> Arne

I add my voice to Arne's... any news, Pov Team?
--
Stefan

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
> then anywhere else.
>
> Is there any progress concerning Moray? Is it RIP or WIP?

Dead, I think yes. Officially dead? ???

Entire ray-tracers have been written since the release of POV 3.6.

We've been talking about POV 4.0 since 1999!

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:29:25 +0200, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> "Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> schreef in bericht
>> M_a_r_c schrieb:
>>> "Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> a écrit dans le
>>> message de news: 46de836a$1@news.povray.org...
>>> There is Moray.win :-)
>>
>> I know that but I'm asking the Povray-part since they took over :)
>

> I suppose Real Life has got in the way....  :-(

Or POVray 3.7 - which I think was indicated when the ownership transfer
took place - that more work on Moray would be post-3.7.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> "Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> schreef in bericht
>> M_a_r_c schrieb:

>>> message de news: 46de836a$1@news.povray.org...
>>> There is Moray.win :-)
>> I know that but I'm asking the Povray-part since they took over :)
>

> I suppose Real Life has got in the way....  :-(

That and other things ... I will see if I can move things along a little,
partly my fault as I've been snowed under with other stuff.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

>> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
>> then anywhere else.
>>
>> Is there any progress concerning Moray? Is it RIP or WIP?
>
> Dead, I think yes. Officially dead? ???
>
> Entire ray-tracers have been written since the release of POV 3.6.
>
> We've been talking about POV 4.0 since 1999!

I wasn't aware that frequency of releases had become a software quality metric.

Post a reply to this message

> >> Maybe some people will consider this OT, but I think it fits better here
> >> then anywhere else.
> >>
> >> Is there any progress concerning Moray? Is it RIP or WIP?
> >
> > Dead, I think yes. Officially dead? ???
> >
> > Entire ray-tracers have been written since the release of POV 3.6.
> >
> > We've been talking about POV 4.0 since 1999!
>
> I wasn't aware that frequency of releases had become a software quality metric.

Well you live and learn :-)

out of a job.
More seriously, it is a sign of the times.

Stephen