POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Status of Moray? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Status of Moray? (Message 41 to 50 of 466)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Status of Moray?
Date: 9 Sep 2007 10:23:34
Message: <46e401e6$1@news.povray.org>

> Because of this, they have a
> syntax that is *very* easy to parse for a computer (as an example,
> the XML grammar fits in about 200 lines, whereas the C grammar takes
> over 400 lines (and that's *without* the preprocessor!)

No XML is better discussion (not sure if that is your argument or not),
please, those lead nowhere. XML being easy to parse is not an argument for
anybody who knows something about (programming) language theory - the
complexity of a grammar* isn't defined by the name of the language after all ;-)

	Thorsten

* See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context-free_grammar>,
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LL_parser>,
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR_parser> and all related links.