POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shiny buttons? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Shiny buttons? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Hadmut
Subject: Shiny buttons?
Date: 29 Aug 2007 03:25:26
Message: <46D51F65.20409@msgid.danisch.de>
Hi,

there are plenty of cooking receipes about how to make those liquid
shiny buttons for web pages with graphic programs like photoshop or
gimp, but all of them are, although some of the are looking quite good,
sort of fake, e.g. the shape of reflections arbitrary and unrealistic.

I wonder whether there is a receipe of how to create them more realistic
with povray (and whether 'realistic' is really better). I am just a
beginner and did not yet manage to get that liquid effect properly.
Maybe a reason is that these web page buttons are little bit too far
from reality?

regards
Hadmut

Post a reply to this message

"Hadmut" <h3### [at] danischde> schreef in bericht
news:46D### [at] msgiddanischde...
> Hi,
>
> there are plenty of cooking receipes about how to make those liquid
> shiny buttons for web pages with graphic programs like photoshop or
> gimp, but all of them are, although some of the are looking quite good,
> sort of fake, e.g. the shape of reflections arbitrary and unrealistic.
>
> I wonder whether there is a receipe of how to create them more realistic
> with povray (and whether 'realistic' is really better). I am just a
> beginner and did not yet manage to get that liquid effect properly.
> Maybe a reason is that these web page buttons are little bit too far
> from reality?

Maybe this can be of help:
Look in p.b.i. for the post by Dave Blandston (19 january 2007): Play,
Pause, Stop, etc. Buttons
I looked this up in my newsreader, so I have no link to offer, sorry.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message