POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Exploding Planet/Sphere Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Exploding Planet/Sphere (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: trooper
Subject: Exploding Planet/Sphere
Date: 16 Jun 2007 01:46:29
Message: <46737935@news.povray.org>
Wasn't there a pic or tutorial/source file posted quite a while back on
how to create an "exploding" planet?  I'd like to get a look at it as it
would really help with a project I have going right now.

Can anyone help me with this?  My p.b.images messages don't go far
enough back to find it.

Post a reply to this message

trooper <tro### [at] the-teldnsdojoorg> wrote:
> Wasn't there a pic or tutorial/source file posted quite a while back on
> how to create an "exploding" planet?  I'd like to get a look at it as it
> would really help with a project I have going right now.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?  My p.b.images messages don't go far
> enough back to find it.

You might try the Object Exploder include file:

http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/explode.html

Post a reply to this message

> trooper <tro### [at] the-teldnsdojoorg> wrote:
>> Wasn't there a pic or tutorial/source file posted quite a while back on
>> how to create an "exploding" planet?  I'd like to get a look at it as it
>> would really help with a project I have going right now.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this?  My p.b.images messages don't go far
>> enough back to find it.
>
> You might try the Object Exploder include file:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/explode.html

Not quit what I was looking for.  The pic I remember was a still -- an
orb/planet, fractured, and I *think* some sort of media was used to make
it look as if glowing gas and light were coming from the fractures.  As
if it were a capture of an exploding orb about 1 nanosecond after
detonation.

Post a reply to this message

From: RobF
Date: 17 Jun 2007 00:15:00
Message: <web.4674b4d24a5fabd6f47e593b0@news.povray.org>
trooper <tro### [at] the-teldnsdojoorg> wrote:
> Wasn't there a pic or tutorial/source file posted quite a while back on
> how to create an "exploding" planet?  I'd like to get a look at it as it
> would really help with a project I have going right now.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?  My p.b.images messages don't go far
> enough back to find it.

Was it Rune's Tech Sphere?
http://runevision.com/3d/3dgallery1/

Rob.