POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File Init Error: Cannot open output file. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:17 EDT (-0400)
   File Init Error: Cannot open output file. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: File Init Error: Cannot open output file.
Date: 12 Mar 2007 21:56:14
Message: <45f612ce@news.povray.org>
I've "suddenly" run into this problem with an animation.
It happens at the frames where I start accessing a bitmap to be used in a
pigment.  It worked yesterday.

Any clues on debugging what this error message means?

Post a reply to this message

Whoa.  My distro (kubuntu) apparently changed perms to r--r--r-- on the
previous renderings of these frames, and so wouldn't let me change it by
outputting on top of it.  W.T.H.

A chmod 766 *.* took care of it.

Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I've "suddenly" run into this problem with an animation.
> It happens at the frames where I start accessing a bitmap to be used in a
> pigment.  It worked yesterday.
>
> Any clues on debugging what this error message means?

Post a reply to this message

> I've "suddenly" run into this problem with an animation.
> It happens at the frames where I start accessing a bitmap to be used in a
> pigment.  It worked yesterday.
>
> Any clues on debugging what this error message means?

Has the bitmap change from yesterday?
I have gotten that error when I tried to access a corrupted bitmap.

Post a reply to this message

Greg M. Johnson <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithycom> wrote:
> *.*

  Linux isn't DOS, you did know that, didn't you?-)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message