POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where does eval_pigment come from? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Where does eval_pigment come from? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Where does eval_pigment come from?
Date: 7 Dec 2006 23:13:34
Message: <4578e66e@news.povray.org>
I was transferring some of my files from one linux box to another. I'm using
3.6.

It seems that eval_pigment is not defined on one of my boxes, and I cannot
figure out where I would have gotten it.  Googling doesn't answer the
question.    Anyone have an idea?  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/449/

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote:
> I was transferring some of my files from one linux box to another. I'm using
> 3.6.
>
> It seems that eval_pigment is not defined on one of my boxes, and I cannot
> figure out where I would have gotten it.  Googling doesn't answer the
> question.    Anyone have an idea?  Thanks.

It should be in functions.inc in your include directory....   If not here's
the cut/paste:

#macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
    #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
    #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
    result
#end

Post a reply to this message

> It should be in functions.inc in your include directory....   If not here's
> the cut/paste:

> #macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
>     #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
>     #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
>     result
> #end

  If that is going to be called a lot, it may be a much better idea to
"inline" that macro so that the fn function is declared just once.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> It should be in functions.inc in your include directory....   If not here's
> the cut/paste:
>

> #macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
>     #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
>     #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
>     result
> #end

Thanks.  I saw several descriptions of what it could do but no actual code
or indication of where I could get it.  thanks.