POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some interesting POV-Ray uses in computer graphic and physics simulation research Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  Some interesting POV-Ray uses in computer graphic and physics simulation research (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Some interesting POV-Ray uses in computer graphic and physics simulation research
Date: 2 Dec 2006 04:22:37
Message: <457145dd@news.povray.org>
http://graphics.ethz.ch/~rkeiser/publications.html
See the first two papers. First paper deals with melting simulation, the
second one with fracturing solids (and chewing gum...), using custom POV-Ray
versions. Don't miss the movies.
The fifth paper (lava lamp) also uses POV-Ray but only the official version.

I added those (and others, including a strange US Department of Defense
paper that used a custom POV to simulate ricochet flight) to the POV
spotting page at Wikipov:
http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?PovSpotting
Feel free to add stuff there if you see POV-Ray used in academia and other
non-hobbyist circumnstances.

G.
--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

> I added those (and others, including a strange US Department of Defense
> paper that used a custom POV to simulate ricochet flight) to the POV
> spotting page at Wikipov:
> http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?PovSpotting

  I noticed that some of the links there give a 404. Perhaps someone should
check them.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > I added those (and others, including a strange US Department of Defense
> > paper that used a custom POV to simulate ricochet flight) to the POV
> > spotting page at Wikipov:
> > http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?PovSpotting
>
>   I noticed that some of the links there give a 404. Perhaps someone should
> check them.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

The "Revolutions" animation at