POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short Code Competition judging Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Short Code Competition judging (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Paul Bourke
Subject: Short Code Competition judging
Date: 19 Nov 2006 07:40:01
Message: <web.45605024a9280db9302aaef00@news.povray.org>
For those who have already contributed to the 2006 Short Code Competition
and to those who plan to contribute ..... I had planned for the entrants to
simply send in their votes, I tabulate them and announce the winners, I
can obviously still do this.

However I was wondering if there were some other more interesting ways of
handling the voting. How about a private newsgroup on this server where the
entrants (who were the only ones with initial access) discussed the entries
and tried to come to some concensus. This assumes someone who has managment
control of the povray news server is prepared to set this up for us.
Do you think this would work? Result in chaos, fights, bullying, ... or
might be a nice transparent / fun way of deciding on the rankings.
P a u l   B o u r k e
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/

Post a reply to this message