POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My POV-Ray rendering published in 3D World Magazine. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  My POV-Ray rendering published in 3D World Magazine. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: My POV-Ray rendering published in 3D World Magazine.
Date: 8 Nov 2006 22:37:56
Message: <4552a294@news.povray.org>
First, compare:
http://news.povray.org/44c2d810%40news.povray.org

to the image printed on the T-shirt of the handsome gent pictured here:
http://pterandon.blogspot.com/2006/11/me-at-siggraph.html

And ironically, on page 009 of the November 2006 edition of this magazine, a
letter to the editor states:

------------
"[blah blah blah about DAZ Studio]  As I read on, I discovered two things:
first, POV-Ray is a raytracing renderer like RenderMan or V-Ray, and
secondly, it's absolutely free!

"Are you kidding me? All these free applications exist and can hold their
own with the commercial, high-priced stuff?  A big thumbs up to all who
contribute to the open source community. When you don't have to shell out
big bucks just to do some decent 3D work, you're okay in my book.

-- Derry [last name deleted by Greg]"

Post a reply to this message