POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animation help needed Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Animation help needed (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bob Frew
Subject: Animation help needed
Date: 20 Jul 2006 17:06:00
Message: <44bff038@news.povray.org>
Hi people,
I am hoping that maybe someone could tell me what might be happening.
The problem I have is that the POV animation I have created in PSP Animation
Shop is working beautifully within PSP Animation Shop.
The saved resulting animation, 36 frames with 2ms gaps, however runs like a
snail.
 I have previously successfully created small anims and can't say I have
ever had this problem.
I have tried reloading the saved file into Animation Shop and all is well
again ??? !!! So the file was not corrupted at "save" time.
I have run the animation using IE Explorer and IrfanView. In both cases with
a fair drop in speed.
I checked my PC resources and was only using 4%.

Any ideas ?
It is obviously a vertical animation (is this relevant ??)
Keeping the file size down seems to help a bit.
I still need to animate the eyes and mousetache etc., but there is no point
if the basic thing looks sluggish.
(Zebedee doesn't look so good in slow motion - UK Magic Roundabout TV show)

Bob
p.s.  Anyone know another animation player I could use. Preferably a freebie

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Animation4_2.gif' (613 KB)

Preview of image 'Animation4_2.gif'
Animation4_2.gif

Bob Frew nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 20/07/2006 17:04:
> Hi people,
> I am hoping that maybe someone could tell me what might be happening.
> The problem I have is that the POV animation I have created in PSP Animation
> Shop is working beautifully within PSP Animation Shop.
> The saved resulting animation, 36 frames with 2ms gaps, however runs like a
> snail.
>  I have previously successfully created small anims and can't say I have
> ever had this problem.
> I have tried reloading the saved file into Animation Shop and all is well
> again ??? !!! So the file was not corrupted at "save" time.
> I have run the animation using IE Explorer and IrfanView. In both cases with
> a fair drop in speed.
> I checked my PC resources and was only using 4%.
>
> Any ideas ?
> It is obviously a vertical animation (is this relevant ??)
> Keeping the file size down seems to help a bit.
> I still need to animate the eyes and mousetache etc., but there is no point
> if the basic thing looks sluggish.
> (Zebedee doesn't look so good in slow motion - UK Magic Roundabout TV show)
>
> Bob
> p.s.  Anyone know another animation player I could use. Preferably a freebie

No slow motion here using Mozilla Thunderbird. But about 5 times slower in
IrfanView.

--
Alain

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 20 Jul 2006 20:46:02
Message: <44c023ca$1@news.povray.org>
Doesn't a 2 msec pause translate to 500 fps?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jul 2006 06:00:00
Message: <web.44c0a563bbfc3b7fb1b469160@news.povray.org>
"Bob Frew" <bob### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
> Any ideas ?
> It is obviously a vertical animation (is this relevant ??)
> Keeping the file size down seems to help a bit.
> I still need to animate the eyes and mousetache etc., but there is no point
> if the basic thing looks sluggish.
> (Zebedee doesn't look so good in slow motion - UK Magic Roundabout TV show)
>
> Bob
> p.s.  Anyone know another animation player I could use. Preferably a freebie

Bob
TMPGEnc is a good freeware programme
http://www.tmpgenc.net
One thing to point out if you use it and want to encode png files is you
need to download a VFAPI plugin. It can be found here at POV-Ray :
Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : PNG reader for TMPGEnc

Boing, boing, boing

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Frew
Date: 22 Jul 2006 05:21:19
Message: <44c1ee0f$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Frew" <bob### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote in message
> Hi people,
> I am hoping that maybe someone could tell me what might be happening.
> The problem I have is that the POV animation I have created in PSP
> Animation
> Shop is working beautifully within PSP Animation Shop.
> The saved resulting animation, 36 frames with 2ms gaps, however runs like
> a snail.
> I have previously successfully created small anims and can't say I have
> ever had this problem.
> I have tried reloading the saved file into Animation Shop and all is well
> again ??? !!! So the file was not corrupted at "save" time.
> I have run the animation using IE Explorer and IrfanView. In both cases
> with a fair drop in speed.
> I checked my PC resources and was only using 4%.
>
> Any ideas ?
> It is obviously a vertical animation (is this relevant ??)
> Keeping the file size down seems to help a bit.
> I still need to animate the eyes and mousetache etc., but there is no
> point if the basic thing looks sluggish.
> (Zebedee doesn't look so good in slow motion - UK Magic Roundabout TV
> show)
>
> Bob
> p.s.  Anyone know another animation player I could use. Preferably a
> freebie ##################################################################
Many thanks for replies. I will certainly follow them up.
And yes Zeb has freckles. I need to try again with that bit. My first
attempt looked like he had the pox.

Cheers Bob

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Jul 2006 04:25:00
Message: <web.44c482ffbbfc3b7fb1b469160@news.povray.org>
"Bob Frew" <bob### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
> And yes Zeb has freckles. I need to try again with that bit. My first
> attempt looked like he had the pox.

LOL

Stephen