POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP WANTED Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  HELP WANTED (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: HELP WANTED
Date: 21 Jun 2006 07:33:29
Message: <44992e89@news.povray.org>
Greetings.

I am looking urgently for POV-Ray artists who can help me modelling the hulk
of ancient ships (the software "Free!Ship" cannot do this). I have all the
information which is required. Please help me! Your creditline and link will
be published! Please contact me for more information.

Thanks,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

> I am looking urgently for POV-Ray artists who can help me modelling the hulk
> of ancient ships (the software "Free!Ship" cannot do this). I have all the
> information which is required. Please help me! Your creditline and link will
> be published! Please contact me for more information.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sven

Simple. You can use Free!Ship and export as OBJ. Then use PoseRay to get
the mesh into POV-Ray.

PoseRay's home -> http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

later,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

look to my message - I already tried out Free!Ship and that cannot work for
my kind of ship hulks. That is why I need the help of a real POV-Ray artist.

Greetings,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

> look to my message - I already tried out Free!Ship and that cannot work for
> my kind of ship hulks. That is why I need the help of a real POV-Ray artist.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven

Oh. I though you had trouble getting the hull out of Free!Ship. Have you
tried to contact the author of Free!Ship if he knows of any POV-Ray
artist that could help you?

good luck,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 24 Jun 2006 16:34:00
Message: <449da1b8$1@news.povray.org>
No, not done that, yet. Maybe I do. But I truly hope that one of the POV-Ray
artists helps me. Since years I try to do it on my own, but could never
succeed. That is why now finally I ask all the others, hoping for some
little help.

Sven

"FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Sven Littkowski wrote:
>> Hi Flyer X,
>>
>> look to my message - I already tried out Free!Ship and that cannot work
>> for my kind of ship hulks. That is why I need the help of a real POV-Ray
>> artist.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Sven
> Oh. I though you had trouble getting the hull out of Free!Ship. Have you
> tried to contact the author of Free!Ship if he knows of any POV-Ray artist
> that could help you?
>
> good luck,
>
> FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Sobers
Date: 28 Jun 2006 12:00:01
Message: <web.44a2a701f25937eb1009749b0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am looking urgently for POV-Ray artists who can help me modelling the hulk
> of ancient ships (the software "Free!Ship" cannot do this). I have all the
> information which is required. Please help me! Your creditline and link will
> be published! Please contact me for more information.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sven

Sven,

I'll be glad to help you with your ship models, but I'll have to use a
subdivision modeller like Blender or Wings3D and export the results to a
mesh.  e-mail a simple top, bottom, side view of a hull you want to
reproduce and I'll give it a try. (Small filesize, please, I'm still on
dialup!)

Mike