POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: Transparency Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Question: Transparency (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Question: Transparency
Date: 26 May 2006 23:50:46
Message: <4477cc96$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings.

Is there any way to define transparency of a gray-shade image_map as
follows: the blacker the more transparent, and the whiter the more visible?

I want to add lights to a planet surface. The lights are a gray-shade PNG
file.

Thanks,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

>Is there any way to define transparency of a gray-shade image_map as
>follows: the blacker the more transparent, and the whiter the more visible?
>
>I want to add lights to a planet surface. The lights are a gray-shade PNG
>file.

texture {
  pigment_pattern {image_map {png "transmap.png" interpolate 2}}
  texture_map {
     [0 texture {pigment {rgbt <0,0,0,1>}}]
     [1 texture {lightsTexture}]
  }