POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Nested #switch...#end blocks - strange behaviour! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Nested #switch...#end blocks - strange behaviour! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: Nested #switch...#end blocks - strange behaviour!
Date: 15 May 2006 18:55:49
Message: <446906f5$1@news.povray.org>
High!

To differentiate multiple camera views according to the clock variable,
I set up a logical structure consisting of nested #switch...#end blocks
- only two levels deep, but a strange effect always occurred: when the
inner #switch block is reached, only either the first or the last
alternative is chosen, but not the ones in between. With this test
script, this means if I start with +k1.1 or +k1.2, I always only got
"One point ????" as #warning output... and, strangely, obviously line 2
is interpreted correctly (see output in line 4)! Is this a bug actually?

#declare clock1 = int(clock);
#declare clock2 = mod(clock*10, 10);

#warning concat("clock2 = ", str(clock2, 1, 0))

#switch(clock1)
   #case (0)
     #warning "Zero!"
   #break