POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modeling aircraft aluminum Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Modeling aircraft aluminum (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jon Berndt
Subject: Modeling aircraft aluminum
Date: 30 Oct 2005 20:08:53
Message: <43656ea5@news.povray.org>
I am modeling a new potential aerospace vehicle and want to render it with a
realistic-looking "beat-up aluminum" skin. I'll post an image in the .images
group this evening to show you what I've got so far. For instance, look at
this image:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/940531/L/

Has anyone else done something like this?

Jon

Post a reply to this message

Yes, both Boeing, Airbus and several other has played around
with this type of aircrafts.. ;)

Just kidding.

What you need is a bump map for the material. I don't think you
would be helped by a displacement map.

Stefan.