POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rotation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  rotation (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Gert  Van den Eynde
Subject: rotation
Date: 25 Oct 2005 02:46:35
Message: <435dd4cb@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have two vectors (A and B) which can be considered to be normal vectors
for objects ObjA and ObjB. How do I rotate object ObjB to have its normal B
aligned with the normal A of ObjA? Is this a built-in function in povray?

Thanks,
gert

Post a reply to this message

"Gert Van den Eynde" <gvd### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have two vectors (A and B) which can be considered to be normal vectors
> for objects ObjA and ObjB. How do I rotate object ObjB to have its normal
> aligned with the normal A of ObjA? Is this a built-in function in povray?
>
> Thanks,
> gert

#include "transforms.inc"
object {ObjB Reorient_Trans(B,A)}