POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscape tutorial please Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Landscape tutorial please (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Landscape tutorial please
Date: 15 Oct 2005 12:19:47
Message: <43512c23$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create a suitable landscape for a project I'm working on,
but I'm not having any success.  I don't have any software but POV-Ray
and a really old version of Photoshop (3.0)
	Oddly, I can't find tutorials on designing landscapes outside of
programs like Leveller (Which I can't use.), terragen (which I have, but
haven't figured out.) or the various and sundry packages I can't afford.
	I would apreciate it if someone could give me a leg up on landscapes
and placing objects in them.
	BTW If anyone knows of a good tutorial that explains the trace
function... I don't know the first thing about it.

Regards,

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

> 	BTW If anyone knows of a good tutorial that explains the trace
> function... I don't know the first thing about it.

There's one in the Wiki, complete with sample scenes and ready-to-use
macros:

http://povray.tirnalong.com/ow.asp?DropOnSurface

HTH,
Florian

Post a reply to this message

"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I'm trying to create a suitable landscape for a project I'm working on,
> but I'm not having any success.  I don't have any software but POV-Ray
> and a really old version of Photoshop (3.0)

Hi Tony,

if you want to make heightfields to use them for landscapes then take a look
at

http://www.world-machine.com/index2.html

Hope it helps.

Greetings, em-sigma

Post a reply to this message

> if you want to make heightfields to use them for landscapes then take a
look
> at
>
> http://www.world-machine.com/index2.html
 also try Terragen (its free)
http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

--
light_source{0,1}#macro C(r,p)cylinder{x*-2,x*2,.9 pigment { rgb
p} /* B Gimeno estoeslarealidad */ rotate p*90 } #end difference

Post a reply to this message

>>if you want to make heightfields to use them for landscapes then take a
>
> look
>
>>at
>>
>>http://www.world-machine.com/index2.html
>
>  also try Terragen (its free)