POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Round_Box with multiple Radii Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Round_Box with multiple Radii (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: JWV
Subject: Re: Round_Box with multiple Radii
Date: 4 Sep 2005 09:05:55
Message: <431af133$1@news.povray.org>
So, here is an image with a box with different radii on each corner. The
macro is not finnished yet beacuse I can't find an easy way to make a plane
through 3 points (suggestions).

(image is in p.b.i)

JWV

"JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message news:431a1bb4$1@news.povray.org...
> I have been thinking about it for a while (even before your post), so
> tommorrow i will give it a shot. The thing I am trying to attempt is to
make
> a macro that makes a box, with different (constant) radii on each edge
> (corners would be easier though, i'll try that first).
>
> Greetings,
>
> JWV
>

> "Rick Measham" <rickm*at%isite.net.au> wrote in message
> > I want to create a Round Box, but be able to specify Radii for each
> > corner (or at least for more than a universal setting). I figure this
> > will be an ISO Surface or a mesh (hopefully an ISO surface so it can
> > easily be called in a macro..)
> >
> > Anyone help me out here?
> >
> > I was thinking I could do it with CSG, but then realised it's not
> > possible as the 'sphere's in the corners aren't spheres -- not even
> > scaled spheres.
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Rick Measham

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Elliott
Date: 4 Sep 2005 12:05:13
Message: <431b1b39$1@news.povray.org>
"JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message news:431af133$1@news.povray.org...
> So, here is an image with a box with different radii on each corner. The
> macro is not finnished yet beacuse I can't find an easy way to make a
> plane
> through 3 points (suggestions).

Hello,

For three points A, B and C, the following will put a plane through them.

plane
{ vcross(B-A, C-A), 0
   translate A
}