POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a 3D surface from a file Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:31:44 EDT (-0400)
  How to make a 3D surface from a file (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: xhlu
Subject: How to make a 3D surface from a file
Date: 17 Aug 2005 16:15:00
Message: <web.43039a572940691a8be3c2870@news.povray.org>
I have a file which defines the hight of a plane, i.e. a topograph image.
How can I make a 3D surface with such a file in PovRay? Modifying normal of
a plane doesn't seem very much like a real 3D surface to me. Thanks! -Xhlu

Post a reply to this message

>I have a file which defines the hight of a plane, i.e. a topograph image.
>How can I make a 3D surface with such a file in PovRay? Modifying normal of
>a plane doesn't seem very much like a real 3D surface to me. Thanks! -Xhlu

By "topographic image" do you mean "height_field"?

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> By "topographic image" do you mean "height_field"?
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Yes, that's exactly what I want. Thanks a lot for point it out! -xhlu

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> By "topographic image" do you mean "height_field"?
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message