POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optical Fibers Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Optical Fibers (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Optical Fibers
Date: 3 Aug 2005 02:49:19
Message: <42f068ef@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
<snip>
> so when you look at a light bulb, it's not really the light you're
> seeing, but the glowing filament, and the light bulb of course.

That's not exactly correct.  It is the light/photons/radiation that you are
seeing, not the object.

The object is only seen because photons are being reflected off it, or because
it is producing photons.  After all, our eyes can't sense objects (we use touch
for that), they can only sense light (and the polarisation of light).

:)

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au

Post a reply to this message