POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can you please help me with the following posts that i have sent to chieftalk? /// Thanks. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Can you please help me with the following posts that i have sent to chieftalk? /// Thanks. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: A-Design
Subject: Can you please help me with the following posts that i have sent to chieftalk? /// Thanks.
Date: 19 Apr 2005 18:14:36
Message: <426582cc$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.chiefarchitect.com/chieftalk/showthread.php?s=&postid=62881#post62881

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 19 Apr 2005 20:29:07
Message: <4265a253$1@news.povray.org>
A-Design wrote:
> http://www.chiefarchitect.com/chieftalk/showthread.php?s=&postid=62881#post62881

As the response you got on Chieftalk said, the ambient settings are very
high on your textures, whether or not you are using radiosity. Ambient
settings that high are usually used for a object that is supposed to be
glowing or actually radiating light, like an LED.  The high setting
might make sense for the background sky texture but not the others.
The roughness/specualr settings could also be a little intense
depending, but you need to reduce the ambient to zero and see how the
scene renders first.

Post a reply to this message