POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FurTex macro Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  FurTex macro (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Barehunter
Subject: FurTex macro
Date: 31 Mar 2005 00:15:01
Message: <web.424b8701de716beab18611b0@news.povray.org>
If anyone has used the FurTex macro I have a strange problem. Every surface
I render with the macro has some kind of shadow going up and down the
center. Anyone know why? Here is a link to a picture I am currently working
on.
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/380648/
you notice ths shadow along the arms, the center of the face and and chest.

Post a reply to this message

> If anyone has used the FurTex macro I have a strange problem. Every
surface
> I render with the macro has some kind of shadow going up and down the
> center. Anyone know why? Here is a link to a picture I am currently
working
> on.

I think that's an intentional property of the fur texture. The idea is that
when you're looking straight on at the fur, you see more of the skin behind
the fur and you see less light reflected off the fur so it looks darker.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:

> I think that's an intentional property of the fur texture. The idea is that
> when you're looking straight on at the fur, you see more of the skin behind
> the fur and you see less light reflected off the fur so it looks darker.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

sigh. Thank you. I guess I'll just deal with it.

Post a reply to this message