POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Chief architect Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Chief architect (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: A-Design
Subject: Chief architect
Date: 29 Mar 2005 16:43:57
Message: <4249cc1d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me that how I can run a POVRAY file in order to
create a (4096x2736) rendering with the best resolution.
I have POVRAY 3.6 in one computer and CHIEF ARCHITECT in another computer ,I
have created a povray set of files by exporting the required files from
CHIEF ARCHITECT to a folder I want to move that folder to the other computer
which has POVRAY and run the rendering.

Thanks in advance.

A-Design

Post a reply to this message

A-Design nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-03-29 16:44:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me that how I can run a POVRAY file in order to
> create a (4096x2736) rendering with the best resolution.
> I have POVRAY 3.6 in one computer and CHIEF ARCHITECT in another computer ,I
> have created a povray set of files by exporting the required files from
> CHIEF ARCHITECT to a folder I want to move that folder to the other computer
> which has POVRAY and run the rendering.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> A-Design

Using the command line parameters: +w4096 +h2736
The windows version have a "Command line" text box just right of the resolution
drop-list.
You can add an entry in quickres.ini for any size you want.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: Alf Peake
Date: 30 Mar 2005 13:43:29
Message: <424af351@news.povray.org>
"Alain" wrote;
> Using the command line parameters: +w4096 +h2736

For this aspect ratio I would also suggest adding this inside your
camera{} block:  right x*image_width/image_height

Alf

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 30 Mar 2005 15:55:09
Message: <424b122d@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote:
> For this aspect ratio I would also suggest adding this inside your
> camera{} block:  right x*image_width/image_height

  That should be used with care.

  Automatic aspect ratio adjustment can change the viewing area in
unexpected ways when the resolution is changed (well, more precisely
the aspect ratio of the rendered image is changed). Inadverted changes
in the viewing area can cause unwanted results if parts of the scene
which should not appear in the image suddenly come into view or if
important parts of the scene suddenly go out of view.

  Also the combination of that command with other camera parameters
can cause unexpected results. For instance, if 'angle' is used in
addition to that 'right', the automatic aspect ratio correction will
behave differently ('angle' fixes the horizontal viewing area and
it will no longer be affected by 'right', which will start affecting
the *vertical* viewing area).

  Also, that form of the automatic aspect ratio correction works only
if you really want *square* pixels. While that is usually the case,
it's not universal. There are some applications where anamorphic
images (non-square pixels) are needed.

From: A-Design
Date: 19 Apr 2005 18:56:26
Message: <42658c9a$1@news.povray.org>