POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sandy Image? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Sandy Image? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ghost Dog
Subject: Sandy Image?
Date: 16 Mar 2005 04:40:00
Message: <web.4237feb43a72476395eae3a90@news.povray.org>
Hi, all!
I'm trying to figure out how to get a realistic sandy texture for a desrt
scene
I'll happily post a WIP soon enough, but forst, I need a satisfactory
render.
Has anyone made up a texture for sand in POVRAY?

Post a reply to this message

In case you don't already know, the IRTC topic was 'Desert' for the
July-August 2004 round, so you should probably find some good examples there

http://www.irtc.org/stills/2004-08-31/view.html

Xavier

web.4237feb43a72476395eae3a90@news.povray.org...
> Hi, all!
> I'm trying to figure out how to get a realistic sandy texture for a desrt
> scene
> I'll happily post a WIP soon enough, but forst, I need a satisfactory
> render.
> Has anyone made up a texture for sand in POVRAY?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to figure out how to get a realistic sandy texture for a desrt
> scene
> I'll happily post a WIP soon enough, but forst, I need a satisfactory
> render.
> Has anyone made up a texture for sand in POVRAY?

APOLOGIES IF I MAY NOT POST IMAGES HERE

Something like the image below?

Here's the code - translate and scale to your needs.

#ifdef (show_ground)

  #declare Ground =
  isosurface {
    function {y - f_snoise3d(x/7, 0, z/2)*0.5}
    threshold 0
    max_gradient 1.1
    contained_by {box {<-100,-3,-100>, < 100, 1, 100>}}

    texture {
      pigment {color rgb < 1, 0.9, 0.65>}
      normal {granite 0.2 scale 0.02}
      finish {