POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what is that shape called Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  what is that shape called (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bill Hails
Subject: what is that shape called
Date: 13 Mar 2005 06:39:07
Message: <4234265b@news.povray.org>
You know that basic sphere on top of a cylinder on top of a cube
that's used all over the place to demonstrate textures.

Maybe not a name for that specific shape but a name for objects
of that type, like a stone or wood merchant might carry round
as samples.

I was thinking "patten" but that's a kind of shoe, or "doily"
but thats a sort of napkin...

maybe it just doesn't have a name.
--
Bill Hails