POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparent paper (for a lamp) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  transparent paper (for a lamp) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Gert  Van den Eynde
Subject: transparent paper (for a lamp)
Date: 25 Feb 2005 07:37:27
Message: <421f1c07@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I would like to simulate a transparent paper (white-yellowish) for use as a
lamp cover (I want to model these IKEA paper lamps). The color and filter
values I have are ok, but how do I get the fibre like structure of the
paper in it?

thanks,
gert

Post a reply to this message

probably by varying the thickness of the paper and/or varying the density of
the media you might be using?

Post a reply to this message

"Gert Van den Eynde" <gvd### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to simulate a transparent paper (white-yellowish) for use as
> lamp cover (I want to model these IKEA paper lamps). The color and filter
> values I have are ok, but how do I get the fibre like structure of the
> paper in it?

try crackle the pattern .... I used it for my lamp glass

#declare transp = 0.05;

#declare Lamp_Glass=
texture {
  pigment {crackle scale 1 turbulence 0
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgbf <0,0.3,0,transp>]
      [0.5 rgbf <0,0.6,0,transp>]
     }}
    finish {ambient rgb <0,0.6,0> diffuse 1}
  };

Ciao Jim