POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Elliptical Torus? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Elliptical Torus? (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: David Cameron
Subject: Elliptical Torus?
Date: 9 Feb 2005 15:10:04
Message: <420a6e1c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi All,
Do any of you know how to produce an elliptical torus?

Given the general torus syntax is:
torus { major_radius, minor_radius }

How could I define:
#macro elliptical_torus( x_major_radius, z_major_radius, minor_radius)
  // which code goes here ?
#end

TIA,
Dave

Post a reply to this message

From: Neil Kolban
Subject: Re: Elliptical Torus?
Date: 9 Feb 2005 15:15:21
Message: <420a6f59$1@news.povray.org>
Dave,
I consider myself a bit of a newbie ... but wouldn't a regular torus
followed by a scale in some direction now do what you want?

Neil

"David Cameron" <nom### [at] tome> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Do any of you know how to produce an elliptical torus?
>
> Given the general torus syntax is:
> torus { major_radius, minor_radius }
>
> How could I define:
> #macro elliptical_torus( x_major_radius, z_major_radius, minor_radius)
>  // which code goes here ?
> #end
>
> TIA,
> Dave