POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov Ray crashed! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Pov Ray crashed! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Stefano Tessarin
Subject: Pov Ray crashed!
Date: 27 Jan 2005 05:40:39
Message: <41f8c527@news.povray.org>
The file in attachment coused my system to crash.

Before to shout out it's a bug, I want to verify the problem doesn't lay
with me!

The crash (both "unhandled exception" or windows sudden crash) happens
when the tracing reaches a big phong saturated light area on the ring.

The scene is very simple and should trace in minutes.

Try both with no options or with the following (+h400 +w400 +a0.001)

The font in attachment is required to parse the scene.

I got a Windows XP SP2 with a Athlon XP 2800+ and 768MB (256+512) RAM.
The scene is traced (and crashed) with both POV 3.5 and 3.6.1

--
Best regards,

	Stefano Tessarin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (6 KB) Download 'avalq___.ttf.dat' (44 KB)

> The file in attachment coused my system to crash.

No problems here (WinXP-SP2, Atlon64 3000+,1GB RAM)

With your settings and also with the radiosity switched on no problemo.

Post a reply to this message

Stefano Tessarin nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-01-27 05:40:

> The file in attachment coused my system to crash.
>
> Before to shout out it's a bug, I want to verify the problem doesn't lay
> with me!
>
> The crash (both "unhandled exception" or windows sudden crash) happens
> when the tracing reaches a big phong saturated light area on the ring.
>
> The scene is very simple and should trace in minutes.
>
> Try both with no options or with the following (+h400 +w400 +a0.001)
>
> The font in attachment is required to parse the scene.
>
> I got a Windows XP SP2 with a Athlon XP 2800+ and 768MB (256+512) RAM.
> The scene is traced (and crashed) with both POV 3.5 and 3.6.1
No problem here. Win2K sp4 amd 1400 512 Mb

P.S. I like that font ;)

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: Stefano Tessarin
Date: 28 Jan 2005 04:18:58
Message: <41fa0382$1@news.povray.org>
thank you!

Now it's pretty clear that, saddly :( , the problem is mine, as I
suspected.

--
Best regards,

	Stefano Tessarin