POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : plugin to last version of povray to maya6.0.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  plugin to last version of povray to maya6.0.1 (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: stone
Subject: plugin to last version of povray to maya6.0.1
Date: 17 Jan 2005 22:10:00
Message: <web.41ec7ddcd0c1aff1643e26b0@news.povray.org>
any one can created?

Post a reply to this message

From: Loki
Subject: Re: plugin to last version of povray to maya6.0.1
Date: 18 Jan 2005 04:50:00
Message: <web.41ecdb5327a5094e92f1d2d0@news.povray.org>
"stone" <as1### [at] sapopt> wrote:
> any one can created?

Not sure what you mean entirely, but you can get Poseray and use Maya to
export .OBJ files which can then be converted and used as mesh objects in
POV scenes.  However if you mean you'd like to be able to render using POV
directly from Maya then no, I'm not aware of such a plugin.

-

Post a reply to this message

> Not sure what you mean entirely, but you can get Poseray and use Maya to
> export .OBJ files which can then be converted and used as mesh objects in
> POV scenes.  However if you mean you'd like to be able to render using POV
> directly from Maya then no, I'm not aware of such a plugin.

hi,tancs ,u i have to do to convert obj to mesh object to importe in pov?

Post a reply to this message

>> Not sure what you mean entirely, but you can get Poseray and use Maya to
>> export .OBJ files which can then be converted and used as mesh objects in
>> POV scenes.  However if you mean you'd like to be able to render using
>> POV directly from Maya then no, I'm not aware of such a plugin.
>

> hi,tancs ,u i have to do to convert obj to mesh object to importe in pov?

Try 3DWin - you should find it easily on Google. I regulary export from
Blender into Wavefront .OBJ format and then export using a very old 3DWin
binary into Povray.

Regards,

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:28:38 +0200, Stefan Viljoen <ryl### [at] polardcom>
wrote:

>Try 3DWin - you should find it easily on Google. I regulary export from
>Blender into Wavefront .OBJ format and then export using a very old 3DWin
>binary into Povray.

You may have forgotten but If I remember Correctly 3DWin needs to be
registered (at a cost) else it does not handle materials.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:28:38 +0200, Stefan Viljoen <ryl### [at] polardcom>
> wrote:
>
>>Try 3DWin - you should find it easily on Google. I regulary export from
>>Blender into Wavefront .OBJ format and then export using a very old 3DWin
>>binary into Povray.
>
> You may have forgotten but If I remember Correctly 3DWin needs to be
> registered (at a cost) else it does not handle materials.
>
> Regards
>         Stephen

Dunno - I found it on a CD I dug up in the back of my CD case that I got
about ten years ago - the version I have (not sure which one) does not
mention materials at all anywhere I can remember. Can it handle materials?
Haven't checked its site (ever) - the 3dwin I have is just a binary, no
other files with it. Can't even remember where I got it... - Univ complab?
Or somesuch.

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician
Polar Design Solutions

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:13:13 +0200, Stefan Viljoen <ryl### [at] polardcom>
wrote:

>Dunno - I found it on a CD I dug up in the back of my CD case that I got
>about ten years ago - the version I have (not sure which one) does not
>mention materials at all anywhere I can remember. Can it handle materials?
>Haven't checked its site (ever) - the 3dwin I have is just a binary, no
>other files with it. Can't even remember where I got it... - Univ complab?
>Or somesuch.

3DWin has gone through a few versions since then. As Loki suggests
Poseray is an excellent tool to convert meshes to Pov includes. It
also makes UDOs for Moray as well.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:10:57 +0000, Stephen McAvoy <mca### [at] aolcom>
>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:13:13 +0200, Stefan Viljoen <ryl### [at] polardcom>
>wrote:
>
>>Dunno - I found it on a CD I dug up in the back of my CD case that I got
>>about ten years ago - the version I have (not sure which one) does not
>>mention materials at all anywhere I can remember. Can it handle materials?
>>Haven't checked its site (ever) - the 3dwin I have is just a binary, no
>>other files with it. Can't even remember where I got it... - Univ complab?
>>Or somesuch.
>
>3DWin has gone through a few versions since then. As Loki suggests
>Poseray is an excellent tool to convert meshes to Pov includes. It
>also makes UDOs for Moray as well.
>
>Regards
>        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> >3DWin has gone through a few versions since then. As Loki suggests
> >Poseray is an excellent tool to convert meshes to Pov includes. It
> >also makes UDOs for Moray as well.

can make this ,whats is the commands?

cya ppl have a good time.