POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: possible parse error Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: possible parse error (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: John  Conaway
Subject: Re: possible parse error
Date: 13 Oct 2004 13:25:00
Message: <web.416d62cdb7f8f29a996174c30@news.povray.org>
This is a mac install (OS X 10.3.5 G5)

as instructed by the text next to the downloaded folder "coppy to hard disk"
I coppyed to "macintosh HD" Opened it up and tryed to run. I have removed
and re instaled it a few times thinking that might help, nothing

The link came from
http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Official/Macintosh/povpmac.sit

Functions.inc is in the include file. The include file is in the pov ray
file. I have not toutched any of this.

Is there any documentation on the setup of this program, the only
documentation I have found seems to assume that I already have it up and
running.

also im cureous about the +L library stuff, do i need to set certian files
in the Pov-Ray 3.6 folder to library files, if so how do i do that (or
where do i learn how to do that) ?

Thanks to anyone who responds.
I REALY want to see what i can do with this program

Post a reply to this message

 "John  Conaway" <jcc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>>This is a mac install (OS X 10.3.5 G5)
>>
>>as instructed by the text next to the downloaded folder "coppy to hard disk"
>>I coppyed to "macintosh HD" Opened it up and tryed to run. I have removed
>>and re instaled it a few times thinking that might help, nothing
>>
>>The link came from
>>http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Official/Macintos
>>h/povpmac.sit
>>
>>Functions.inc is in the include file. The include file is in the pov ray
>>file. I have not toutched any of this.
>>
>>Is there any documentation on the setup of this program, the only
>>documentation I have found seems to assume that I already have it up and
>>running.
>>
>>also im cureous about the +L library stuff, do i need to set certian files
>>in the Pov-Ray 3.6 folder to library files, if so how do i do that (or
>>where do i learn how to do that) ?
>>
>>Thanks to anyone who responds.
>>I REALY want to see what i can do with this program

  i don't know why you have this kind of problem... but, try to give
  to povray, path to the 'includes' folder :
    Edit -> Preferences -> Scenes, than add path to 'includes'

  hope that help.

Post a reply to this message