POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Option wish Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Option wish (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: m1j
Subject: Option wish
Date: 29 Sep 2004 19:10:00
Message: <web.415b3fa1c2c126e3241402920@news.povray.org>
I have a wish list item. It would be nice to have the option when rendering
partial images to have povray output both files with the image size
information set to the size of the sub part and files where zero's have
filled out the "empty" parts of the image. An ini file/commandline option
to tell povray how to save the file.

Post a reply to this message

> I have a wish list item. It would be nice to have the option when rendering
> partial images to have povray output both files with the image size
> information set to the size of the sub part and files where zero's have
> filled out the "empty" parts of the image. An ini file/commandline option
> to tell povray how to save the file.

It is not likely that this will be implemented for reasons already
explained quite often.

I wrote a shell script for the POVCOMP doing this as post processing for
a partial PPM image:

http://www.povcomp.com/guidelines/

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> > I have a wish list item. It would be nice to have the option when rendering
> > partial images to have povray output both files with the image size
> > information set to the size of the sub part and files where zero's have
> > filled out the "empty" parts of the image. An ini file/commandline option
> > to tell povray how to save the file.
>
> It is not likely that this will be implemented for reasons already
> explained quite often.
>
> I wrote a shell script for the POVCOMP doing this as post processing for
> a partial PPM image:
>
> http://www.povcomp.com/guidelines/
>

> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____.//^>_*_<^/.______

From the past post it sounds like this option is not an impossible task but
an unwilling task. And for a feature to be used in the povcomp rules that
by one of the creators of the program is only to be used for continuing a
render seems to smack contradiction. Either we as users have a need for
uncorrupted partial output from povray or we do not.

Post a reply to this message