POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crackle problem Server Time
19 May 2024 18:55:24 EDT (-0400)
  Crackle problem (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Skip Talbot
Subject: Crackle problem
Date: 15 Sep 2004 02:35:40
Message: <4147e2bc@news.povray.org>
I'd like to get an even distribution of red green and blue cells in my
crackle pigment but have found that the pattern favors the center of the
color_map.  For example:

   pigment {
      crackle
      color_map {
         [0.00 rgb <1,0,0>]
         [0.33 rgb <1,0,0>]
         [0.33 rgb <0,1,0>]
         [0.66 rgb <0,1,0>]
         [0.66 rgb <0,0,1>]
         [1.00 rgb <0,0,1>]
         }
      metric 1
      solid
   }

This produces mostly green cells.  What am I overlooking, and can anyone
provide a solution?  Thanks!

Skip Talbot

Post a reply to this message