POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Browse Panel? Server Time
19 May 2024 18:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Browse Panel? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chris S
Subject: Browse Panel?
Date: 7 Sep 2004 22:01:05
Message: <413e67e1$1@news.povray.org>
Does or could POV-Ray have a browsable panel that lists the various
declarations throughout a script? If you clicked on a item, the editor
would automatically scroll to the appropriate line. This would be
similar to the panels found in most modern IDEs that list class and
function definitions. I think it would be convenient alternative to
hunting through one's code looking for a particular declaration.

Post a reply to this message

> Does or could POV-Ray have a browsable panel that lists the various
> declarations throughout a script? If you clicked on a item, the editor
> would automatically scroll to the appropriate line. This would be
> similar to the panels found in most modern IDEs that list class and
> function definitions. I think it would be convenient alternative to
> hunting through one's code looking for a particular declaration.

It could, I'm sure, but I personally don't think it's necessary.
Frivolous use of ctrl-f, comments, and ctrl-g (go to line number) can make
navigation pretty smooth.
Just use comments to label sections of code when your naming scheme can't
keep up, and then just ctrl-f to search for the section of code labeled.