POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's this?? Server Time
19 May 2024 22:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  What's this?? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: St
Subject: What's this??
Date: 2 Sep 2004 15:19:19
Message: <41377237$1@news.povray.org>
'StretchDIBits()Failed!(Windows error)'

  Whatever it is, is there a way to avoid it?

  ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: What's this??
Date: 2 Sep 2004 15:37:43
Message: <41377687$1@news.povray.org>
> 'StretchDIBits()Failed!(Windows error)'
>
>   Whatever it is, is there a way to avoid it?

The only time I've encounted this was when I rendered a huge image and had
the display window maximized. I think I was low on memory too.

So it basically means the image can't be displayed in the display window for
some reason, but it should still go to the output file which you can view
later.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote in message
> > 'StretchDIBits()Failed!(Windows error)'
> >
> >   Whatever it is, is there a way to avoid it?
>
> The only time I've encounted this was when I rendered a huge image
and had
> the display window maximized. I think I was low on memory too.
>
> So it basically means the image can't be displayed in the display
window for
> some reason, but it should still go to the output file which you can
view
> later.

     Thanks Slime, that's exactly what's happening. I have a large
render that sometimes displays in the render window, but if it
doesn't, then I can still view the output as per normal. The message
being sporadic confused me - but that's the memory side of it I
guess...

   Thanks again.

    ~Steve~

>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

nicolas [dot] alvarez [at] gmail [dot] com

> 'StretchDIBits()Failed!(Windows error)'
>
>   Whatever it is, is there a way to avoid it?
>

>   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message