POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for Windows 64-bit edition now available as a release candidate Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray for Windows 64-bit edition now available as a release candidate (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POV-Ray for Windows 64-bit edition now available as a release candidate
Date: 12 Jul 2004 01:58:44
Message: <40f22894@news.povray.org>
Subject says it all. See http://www.povray.org/beta/ for the details.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Hughes, B
Date: 12 Jul 2004 07:11:22
Message: <40f271da$1@news.povray.org>
Feel like I'm left behind in the dust with my current, and what I consider
to still be new, PC; having only the Intel Pentium IV with Hyperthreading
and my WinXP being only 32bit, too, I keep thinking I'm always making bad
computer buys.
:-)
I'm guessing this new and improved POV-Ray will be okay on a 64bit Intel
processor like the Nocona, or whatever it will be called...? But why bother,
since AMD seems to be staying ahead on that processing power stuff.
Although, having checked up on pricing they don't seem to be very different
in cost and Intel is boasting a lot of improvements.

Regardless, I'm bound to be a few steps behind the top-end system users out
there no matter what I try to do. Heh-heh-heh.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message