POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximuym resolution? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Maximuym resolution? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: nomail
Subject: Maximuym resolution?
Date: 23 Jun 2004 15:15:00
Message: <web.40d9d58aee0c828ce70af85d0@news.povray.org>
Is there an initiative in the POV-Ray development team to increase the
resolution to be comparable to digital cameras?  I'd love to render my
POV-Ray images and have OFoto print and frame them up.  It would probably
take me a week to render an image at the resolution, but it would be worth
the wait!

Post a reply to this message

> Is there an initiative in the POV-Ray development team to increase the
> resolution to be comparable to digital cameras?  I'd love to render my
> POV-Ray images and have OFoto print and frame them up.  It would probably
> take me a week to render an image at the resolution, but it would be worth
> the wait!

Maybe it's time you sat down and read the documentation for once?

Post a reply to this message

> Is there an initiative in the POV-Ray development team to increase the
> resolution to be comparable to digital cameras?  I'd love to render my
> POV-Ray images and have OFoto print and frame them up.

Well, on www.zazzle.com (and advertised on main page of www.povray.org) there
are prints from POV-Ray of size 35" x 44" and IIRC more. AFAIK they are
rendered with more than 10000 pixels per side. What size would be sufficient
for you?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>Is there an initiative in the POV-Ray development team to increase the
>resolution to be comparable to digital cameras?  I'd love to render my
>POV-Ray images and have OFoto print and frame them up.  It would probably
>take me a week to render an image at the resolution, but it would be worth
>the wait!

The documentations state: the quick res settings are just some of the
possible resolutions. You can create images of just about any size and
proportions you want.
As somebody else said: *Read The Documentation!!!*

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 24 Jun 2004 14:10:18
Message: <40db190a@news.povray.org>

40d9f306@news.povray.org...
> As somebody else said: *Read The Documentation!!!*

Yes RTFM!

Marc